Sunday 2 August 2015

Review: Emmy and Oliver by Robyn Benway

23285817Edition: ebook
Pages: 352
Publish Date: June 23, 2015
Publisher: Harper Teen
Genre: YA Contemporary
Series: No
Goodreads Rating: 3.93 (2,823 ratings)

This was one of my highly anticipated releases for 2015 and it did not disappoint. The emotions in this book were off the charts but it was perfectly leveled with the humor similar to that of John Green. There were also past and present views of Emmy and Oliver together, but the people they are now are even more meant to be than the kids they used to be. Though I'm not a fan of Stockholm syndrome books, this one was done in a way that was romantic and focused more on life after being kidnapped. It also was easier to handle considering his Father was the one who kidnapped him.  
Overall this was an amazing book and I'm happy to have finally read it, but I wish there had been more. I'm a romance junkie, I needed more of that especially since these kids weren't even kids they were seniors in highschool, I mean COME ON! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment