Saturday 4 July 2015

Review: The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer #1) by Jenny Han

9861596Edition: ebook/audiobook
Pages: 304
Publish Date: January 1, 2009
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Series: Summer
Goodreads Rating: 3.99 (78,859 ratings)

Though I could strongly relate to being the youngest and being left out and babied, I truly hope I wasn't as annoying as Belly. It may have just been the voice actress for the audiobook but she sounding so whiny!
This is a good starting ground for her to grow up and hopefully figure out her life and more importantly her love-life. 
Stuck between 2 brothers one Jeremiah who loves her but she more sees as a brother/best friend, and her first love Conrad, and no matter how hard she tried, he has that hold on her (another thing I strongly relate to)
Overall, it was a cute fluffy contemporary that made me want to go swimming and do fun summer things, as well as fall for a guy ;) ...or 3 in Belly's case. But when comparing it to other fluffy contemporaries like books by Kasie West or Morgan Matson, it doesn't come close.
Though I truly look forward to continuing this series in hopes to see some growth in Belly's character but mostly to find out who she ends up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment