Tuesday 16 September 2014

Review: Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy #2) by Anna Banks


Edition: Paperback
Pages: 304
Publish Date: May 28, 2013
Publisher: Square Fish
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Series: Yes
Goodreads Rating: 4.05 (11,051 ratings)

Wow, after that ending in Of Poseidon I had to go out and buy Of Triton immediately. And this series just got better. In the first book Emma learns of her abilities, falls in love, but is still left with so many questions. In Of Triton you get all the answers. Learning that her Mother is the lost Poseidon princess makes things somewhat complicated to start. And then when they figure out their personal problems they have the issues going on in Syrena to worry about. 
Some power hungry Syrena is trying to steal the thrown and is using everything that has happened against the Royals. I love a good power struggle, especially when the good guys win and make the villain look a fool. 
There is still that unmistakable Anna Banks humour, along with this iirresistibleromance, not only with the main characters but the supporting ones as well. 

After reading the synopsis of Of Neptune I don't feel as pressured to read it because it seems more of a "what happens after" like a full book epilogue of what's to come for Emma and Galen after they braved through the disasters. Because of this and despite my interest in reading it, I'm not going to do so very soon, I bought the first two in paperback, and Of Neptune doesn't come in paperback until June of next year :( so I will wait it out until then.
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this series as much as I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment