Tuesday 11 November 2014

Review: The Darkest Minds (#1) by Alexandra Bracken

10576365Edition: Hardcover 
Pages: 488
Publish Date: December 18, 2012
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy Dystopian
Series: Yes
Goodreads Rating: 4.32 (39,331 ratings)


Don’t be scared. Don’t let them see.” 


Oh kay. So I will start by saying that it took me so long to get through this book. The beginning is filled with a lot of build up and unknown answers to important questions. But by the middle of it when you're introduced to some influential characters then the story gets real interesting. This is my second fantasy book involving powers and magic and I truly enjoyed it. I used to avoid books like this because I was more into realistic fiction but the creativity behind books like this are outstanding. Though it was so slow at first which I will deduct one star for it is really worth the read and right when I finished I went and ordered Never Fade and I'm sure I will order In The After Light ASAP. 
I hope others enjoy Ruby as a person and as a life changing powerful rebel in this messed up world Alexandra Bracken has built. I look forward to her future and hopefully her return to Liam.

thanks for reading! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment