Tuesday 4 November 2014

Review: The Young Elites (#1) by Marie Lu

17984141Edition: eBook 
Pages: 336
Publish Date: October 7, 2014
Publisher: Putnam Books
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Series: Yes
Goodreads Rating: 4.01 (5,227 ratings)

So I really don't know what to say. I could not put this book down, and when I had to I truly wanted to cry. Until I reached the end where I wanted to rip the book to shreds while crying. 
Of course now after reading it I realize that the second instalment won't be out for quite some time. Which will leave me in extreme suffering until I can continue reading.

In all honestly though, aside from the Allegiant-like ending this book was spectacular. I haven't read any fantasy really before but I will now. The whole story was constantly thrilling and intense, with a short love story and some amazing sisterly love. I am so happy I read this book, though waiting for the next one may kill me, it was incredible and fully deserving of the Best YA Fantasy for 2014 award on goodreads. 
This is an absolute must read. Thank you to Kitty (http://mylittlecornerforbooks.blogspot.com/for the recommendation, and I now recommend this to every single person who reads this! 

Thanks for reading! xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!!! :DDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am so excited about this book! I'm planning on reading it by the end of the year! Legend was absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete