Saturday 22 November 2014

Review: In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds #3) by Alexandra Bracken

16150831Edition: Hardcover 
Pages: 535
Publish Date: October 28, 2014
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy Dystopian
Series: Yes
Goodreads Rating: 4.57 (2,822 ratings)

Let's just call it like it is. This is one of the best damn dystopian trilogies I have ever read. 3 books of pure awesome. So many life changing characters in a disturbingly fucked up society. All ending happily, reunited with families and finding the love of your life and the amazing family you chose by chance in the worst of circumstances. 

I think the main thing I love about this book is a successful and happy ending. Both in the rebellion winning over the government and the happily ever after for our main characters Ruby and Liam (as well as Chubs and Vita). 
I swear every time I start a new dystopian I am in constant fear of the Allegiant (Divergent book #3) ending. So if you want a kick ass trilogy that actually has full success in not killing the most important characters then I strongly suggest picking up this trilogy!

Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Hmm, nice review, but I am failing to see the 'happy ending' - I mean, they go for a the last ride of freedom before they get separated. And the government wanted to put them into camps again (those who did not want to under go the brain surgery) - to me this was not a happy ending, and I felt these kids deserved WAY more than they got. Plus I thought that Ruby was kinda, I don't know, the way she acted toward Liam - I didn't think it was right. He deserved more too. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels like forever since I read this book! But I'm one who loves the unknown endings, where you can imagine where they all end up afterwards. Ya there were times where the dynamic between Ruby and Liam was a little weird but it was great in the end :)

      Delete