Tuesday 30 June 2015

Review: City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare

11100298Edition: Paperback
Pages: 435
Publish Date: April 5, 2011
Publisher: Walkerbooks
Genre: YA Fantasy
Series: The Mortal Instruments
Goodreads Rating: 4.16 (267,658 ratings)

Well I'll be honest, I didn't enjoy this one as much. Jace being all distant, so much focus on Simon and his relationships, I just expected and wanted more of Clary. Her learning about being a shadowhunter. Though I did enjoy the story a lot, it added a lot of characters that I did not like. Don't get me wrong it's nice to have an evil villain, but I was just bored of the whole rule the world idea of creating these super demon shadowhunter things. It was twisted and makes me question the sanity of these characters.
Maybe I'm needing some contemporary fluff after this overload of Fantasy and Dystopian madness.
100% interested in City of Lost Souls, but I am going to hold off for a bit before getting back into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment