Monday 22 December 2014

Review: The Hunger Games (#1) by Suzanne Collins

2767052Edition: Audiobook 
Pages: 11 hours and 10 minutes
Publish Date: January 10, 2009
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian
Series: The Hunger Games
Goodreads Rating: 4.40 (3,094,072 ratings)

So I'm jumping on this band wagon super late. But I figured I'd read the series in anticipation for Mockingjay. 
It always sucks reading the book after seeing the movie, it limits your imagination by providing you the image of each character, as well as of course giving you the whole damn story.
I truly wish I could go back and read the books first, but in all honesty they did an amazing job on the movie in my opinion. It was so close to the book it made me even more pissed at how they butchered Divergent when they tried making it into a movie. 
Overall I have to give it 5 stars. I loved both the movie and the book and I can't wait to read Catching Fire and then finally Mockingjay (which I have yet to see the movie adaptation)

"Don't die for me Katniss" - Peeta
This line should have been in the movie




No comments:

Post a Comment