Thursday 1 January 2015

Bookworm Rant

So it has come to my attention that reading is a bad thing.
Yes you read that correctly.
According to my family I need to get a life and stop reading so much.
I realize being 20 y/o that yes maybe I should be going out more but here's the thing.
I'm like my Mother, but the only family I have is all on my Father's side, and I am nothing like my family. I'm completely introverted realist who hates parties or any occasion with more then 3 people.
If I had to choose between going to club to dance and drink or staying at home and reading, I'd stay at home and read.
What sucks is that this seems to be some extreme sign of depression or alienation as I'm cutting myself off from the outside world to read a goddamn book.
What parent in their right mind would prefer me to go out partying rather than read a book?
It seems odd to me. Like I get where their coming from with some of it like yes maybe reading over 100 books seems excessive especially to someone who's read less then 5 in their whole life.
But in all honesty, I've found something that makes ME happy. Something that can be a social thing but is mainly a solitary activity, but that works for my kind of personality.
They say opposites attract but that is not the case with my family. I'm am the complete black sheep in my family of sparkly positive white sheep.

I'll probably delete this later, I'm just real hurt by my families incessant teasing and trying to change me to be more like them. I'm 20 y/o, I am who I am and I'm happy with that.
So they just need to suck it up and get over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment