Thursday 29 January 2015

Review: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

10807160Edition: ebook
Pages: 432
Publish Date: May 27, 2012
Publisher: Definitions
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Series: No
Goodreads Rating: 4.07 (26,673 ratings)

I've only read one other book that made me cry this much. Both ended the same, suicide. You start out this book knowing it won't end well, for a while you tread water leading up to where it begins, then it's like what they say, how can something so wrong feel so right. I was so happy when they finally were together, you know it's wrong but in all fairness it didn't seem that way. 
And then everything went wrong.
I don't want to go into it cause I just finished it and I need to stop crying at some point. 
Everything about this book was flawless, Tabitha Suzuma as a writing makes you feel everything, you can't skim her novel's you want to read every world, feel every emotion, and in the end feel the gut wrenching pain as Maya and Lochan we're pulled apart by their family, the police, and finally by death. 
Though it ends with Maya caring for the family in such a numb broken state, making a promise to Lochie on his funeral date to try. I have faith she may make it, only for her family, because that's all that ever mattered to both of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment