Sunday 10 May 2015

Review: Mosquitoland by David Arnold

21921204Edition: Hardcover
Pages: 352
Publish Date: March 3, 2015
Publisher: Viking Books
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Series: No
Goodreads Rating: 4.10 (1,594 ratings)

Ah contemporaries. I love them, but I'm also a romance junkie. Whether it's any genre, sci-fi, dystopian, fantasy, etc, it has to have a good romance. And this one fell flat. Aside from the lack of oowie goowie lovie dovey stuff, the book definitely got my attention. At first it was the cover, then the character Mary Iris "MIM" Malone. And especially the amazing writing by David Arnold. People said it was alike to John Green, but I did not like John Green's books or writing style, this writing made the book for me. 

Officially I'm only giving this book 3.5 stars, it'll be a 3 on goodreads only because I'm not willing to label it a 4, it is a solid 3.5 for having all the criteria of road trips, great characters, sarcasm, but lost out on the romance part and an ending that left you high and dry. I just wanted more. Maybe a second part? Who knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment