Sunday 20 July 2014

Review: More Than This by Jay McLean

*Mikayla*
In one night my fairytale ended. Or it may have begun. This is my story of friendship and love, heartbreak and desire, and the strength to show weakness.

*Jake*
One night I met a girl. A sad and broken girl, but one more beautiful than any other. She laughed through her sadness, while I loved through her heartbreak.


So I do this thing where I bookmark parts in a book that make me smile or laugh or cry, so I can go back and reread just those favourite scenes. Basically I'd have to just bookmark the whole book, the entire thing had me laughing, smiling, a crying. 

One night destroyed everything for Mikayla, night of her prom she lost everything
Her best friend and Boyfriend had been cheating for 2/4 years of Mikayla's relationship with him.
After a wild night that made all the pain go away for a while,  thanks to Jake and his friends. 
Only to return home as 3 gurneys carrying her parents and 9 year old sister.

Despite the devastation, that night also brought her so much more. Her and Jake develop a somewhat complicated relationship. His family becomes hers, and his friends as well. 
Through all the pain, Kayla is pushing forward, even though her ex is still pining for her, her ex best friend is gone, and she's unsure of what exactly she feels for Jake.

As for Jake, he's scared of breaking this already fragile girl. But no matter what he can't let her go, he's taking her pain and all and is falling for her fast. 

This book was truly filled with so much passion and heart wrenching pain but it's also an amazing fairytale. If you're in the mood for a good cry then read this book because despite the tears it has a beautiful ending. One of my new all-time favourite contemporaries. 





Thanks for reading this and please read this amazing book!

No comments:

Post a Comment