Friday 11 July 2014

Top 10 Favourite Books of 2014


So I have read 63 books so far this year, surpassing my original goal of 50...and there's still 5 months left. But from what I've read this year I have managed to find my favourite genre of novels Contemporary and Romance - yes I'm a sap for the broken souls and corny love stories - so I figured listing my top 10 favourites would give you a very distinctive view on my kind of books.

#10 Thanks for The Memories by Cecelia Ahern
This book, as well as many of her other books have always managed to make me cry and laugh and smile like an idiot. Out of all her books though this is by far my favourite, it has that Ahern magic that makes it irresistable and unable to put it down until you reach the end. If you're not a believer in true love or love at first sight or any other corny mushy stuff like that, read Cecelia's books, they will change your perspective entirely.
#9 Vain by Fisher Amelie
This story was very eye opening, it was mostly set in Uganda during the LRA and Kony war. It was such a real and heart breaking story of how some perfect little rich girl can grow and realize what life is truly about, as well as finding true love. It was supposed to be her punishment but it ended up being her life as she fell in love with every part of her life in Uganda. 
#8 The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
I can't think of a single thing I didn't adore about this book. The characters were beautiful, and Nastya/Emily's story was inspiring and heartbreaking, but that ending was just magical. We're all destined to be with that perfect someone, and sometimes tragedy with bring you to them.
#7 Wait for You by J Lynn (Jennifer L Armentrout
This story was so adorable, I feel like I'm going to keep repeating how perfect the relationships are in all these books because they are, and the characters of Avery and Cam are SO meant to be! Avery was destroyed the night of the halloween party and lets that one event dictate her every move. She avoids everyone including her family, while keeping everyone else at a safe distance. Except for Cam, somehow he weasels his way into her life with breakfast every sunday and eventually brings her home with him only to discover the secret she's been keeping. So powerful and stunning, J Lynn perfects contemporary in contrast with her usual style of writing.
#6 The Slammed "Trilogy" by Colleen Hoover
I've never even been to a poetry reading of any kind but I adore Colleen Hoover so when I started reading Slammed I just fell in love. After watching plenty of slams on youtube I really got into what these books were all about. And Will and Lake's stories were just unbelievable! No matter what life through at them both they pushed through it, it was a truly inspiring love story that I'll never forget.
#5 The Breathing Series by Rebecca Donovan
The Emotion! it was insane and so intense, ever second of these books will have you breathless. The story of Emma and everything that happens to her and everyone around her is utterly captivating and mesmerizing. I adored this character for her undeniable strength and resilience. This series is so powerful and the love story is one of the move memorable for how hard they both fight for each other and to protect one another. Absolutely breathtaking. 
#4 The Coincidence by Jessica Sorensen

These books! OMG! Everything about them is flawless. Especially how Sorensen branched off and continues The Coincidence series to include stories of Violet and Luke. This is just the perfect love story of two extremely damaged and traumatized teens who grew up together and reunite while falling in love. Discovering each others secrets is what changes everything, but inevitably they cannot stay away from each other. Such a powerful story and I cannot wait for the continuum 'The Resolution of Callie and Kayden' as their pasts come back to haunt them.
#3 Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
As suspected, yet another book by Colleen Hoover. This book is definitely tied with my top favourite Hoover novel. Ridge and Sydney have such amazing chemistry and connection through their music. With all that is keeping them apart in the end they won't let any of it win. Truly inspiring story.
#2 Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McQuire
I actually just finished this book a few days ago and my mind was just blown. The title really says it all, this couple Abby and Travis are so stupid in love and obsessed with one another. It's so contradictory because so many things happen that breaks them apart, and it's really serious stuff yet they're still totally in love. It's beautiful yet disastrous for them to be together. Honestly just read this book, it's amazing.
#1 Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
Honestly I cannot put into words how perfect this book is. I'd give it a thousand stars on goodreads if I could. This of course is my all time favourite Colleen Hoover book. You truly have no idea what's going on with this book until you're almost at the end. This book is full of tears and the absolute perfection of Skye and Holder is just mind blowing. This is what destiny looks like, these two characters are perfect and it's just absolute magic. If you have not read this or any other Colleen Hoover book I suggest you go out and get this one, like right now.

Well there are my top ten favourites of this year so far. I'm sure I'll have to update it or maybe turn it into a top 15-20 by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment