Thursday 19 February 2015

Review: Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins

13621479Edition: ebook
Pages: 304
Publish Date: May 1, 2012
Publisher: Harper Teen
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Series: The Sweet Trilogy
Goodreads Rating: 4.16 (43,565 ratings)

So I had seen this series around before but honestly, with those covers and my previous lack of experience with fantasy books I had no interest in reading them. Until I read the Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout. If she loved it enough to mention it in one of her books then it has to be good. And I'll be honest I did enjoy it, the whole concept was a bit different and hard to grasp, but once you get into it it's pretty awesome. But the romance!! I mean come on! It was hot and forbidden, but it was one of those instantaneous infatuation/love...I mean come on he met her once and then they go on a road trip together? Ya son of lust and all but that was just weird. But either way when they started the whole lust or love, love or hate sort of debate it was pretty damn sexy.
Aside from the plot, the corny parts, and the romance, I absolutely loved Anna Whitt. She's so tough and loving, such a total badass southern belle with a whole lot of spunk. 
Over all, I'm not super inclined to immediately read the next installment, mainly because Kaidan and Anna are separated and that just sucks. I mean who wants to read a book when the love interests won't even be together?? But I will get to it eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment