Monday 18 August 2014

Review: A Beautiful Wedding by Jamie McGuire



Edition: Audiobook
Pages: N/A
Publish Date: December 10, 2013
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Audio
Genre: New Adult Romance
Goodreads Rating: 4.14

Fucking right man! I literally teared up when I found this at the book store and then I find it on Youtube as an audio! (cause lets be honest I'm not paying 20 bucks for a 100 page book...I'm cheap)
Finally getting to experience the wedding!! Since it always ends with the proposal in both Beautiful and Walking Disaster, then the epilogue is like many years later. I'm so happy to have gotten to read this!

Basically in this book you find out that Abby proposed to have a supporting alibi for both of them after the fire. Afraid that Travis would go to jail, she decides to get away to Vegas...and get married.
She may not have a tell, but Travis knows her too well, he knew something was up.
The whole fire has really made some damage, nightmares, guilt, fear, it's so heartbreaking.
And all the reminiscing of their past as they freak out over getting married! I mean it was only 6 months ago that they met!

“The only thing I'm afraid of is a life without you, Pigeon."
"Then you have nothing to be afraid of," I said. "We're forever.” 
― Jamie McGuireA Beautiful Wedding

So many emotions in this book! Especially how Travis's mom had written a letter for "The Future Mrs Travis Maddox". And how Abby so simply stated that she loves his Mom, never having met her, and that Travis believes she would have loved her. I cried, it was beautiful. "When a Maddox boy falls in love, it is forever." I'd quote more than half of this book because every word is beautiful. This is one of those books that grabs you and drags you through the whole 146 pages, and never lets go - much like all the other books in this Beautiful series.
Simply stunning. A must read.

“One down, forever to go.” 
― Jamie McGuireA Beautiful Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment