Thursday 9 October 2014

Over Hyped Books Reading Challenge


So as mentioned in a few reviews recently, I tend to be one of those people who doesn't like over hyped books. some examples...
I know MANY people have loved these books obviously considering all of them have more than 4 star ratings on goodreads, but I didn't enjoy any of them. Maybe it was too much hope for a really good book or the pressure to enjoy it like with TFIOS or any John Green book for that matter, but I've read three of his and hated and barely finished two of them and don't understand what I ever enjoyed in TFIOS. I know it's an extremely unpopular opinion but I've now read too many books that are similar that truly put this book to shame. As for The Maze Runner...that book does not deserve any of the hype, I'm sorry but a bunch of boys trapped in a maze is not a good story line or movie. There are way better dystopians that deserve to be made into movies or atleast have a better following. 

So to the whole point of this post is that I have many more over hyped books that I'm in fear of reading because I don't enjoy reading books and not enjoying it. But I'm going to do it. Here are my many over hyped books that I only have because of the pressure to read them.
114086501057636518143977

The goal is to read all of these by the end of the year! Then I will do a collective review once all of them are finished to announce how many of these over hyped books I actually enjoyed...I'll have you know I'm not all that optimistic but I figured since I already surpassed my goal of 50 books this year by more than double that maybe I should strive for another goal that may be more challenging. 
WISH ME LUCK! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment