Friday 31 October 2014

Review: The Uprising (The Forsaken #2) by Lisa M. Stasse

15784722Edition: Hardcover
Pages: 400
Publish Date: August 6, 2013
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian
Series: Yes
Goodreads Rating: 3.70 (670 ratings)


"I'm ready for whatever happens next,' I murmur to Liam. Then I tilt my head back and glance up at him. Our eyes lock. 'I'm ready for war."

Holy crapplejacks. That ending. Honestly it is killing me not having The Defiant on hand so I can immediately read it. 
The Uprising continues from the end of The Forsaken after Liam and Alenna escaped The Wheel. This book is following their journey back to the wheel with the help of the rebel scientists - including Alenna's Mom and eventually Liam's Dad - to try and create and new rebel base using the army of those who were sent their, Drones, villager, travelers, and rebels. 
But the tribes are not as willing as predicted. With a new Monk leading a more highly organised army of drones all plans to attack the UNA are put on hold in order to attack the Monk and his delusional army. 

The romance, suspense, new and old characters, and amazing action makes this instalment so thrilling and you will be unable to catch your breath by the end, and I will be left breathless until I give in and buy The Defiant.
I hope people will give this second book a chance, I know a lot of people like myself got the Forsaken as a discount book, so please READ IT, and then read this book, and hopefully join me in reading the last book.

Thanks for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment