Thursday 23 October 2014

Review: Making Faces by Amy Harmon

18301124Edition: ebook
Pages: 405
Publish Date: October 12, 2013
Publisher: Smashwords
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Series: No
Goodreads Rating: 4.47 (18,246 ratings)

So I'll start off by saying that yes, I enjoyed this story. The characters were well developed the whole premise and objective of the story was beautiful, but it had it's flaws. Mainly for me it was the third person writing, it is one of my biggest pet peeves that I will normally stop reading a book or avoid one when I learn it's told in third person. Though it was well done I still can't stand that writing style. I also wanted more...I felt the ending was so abrupt and just flashed by...
I know everyone gives this book 5 stars and all but I just can't. 
It's symbolism, use of quotes and whole beauty and the beast/ugly duckling portrail made it a beautiful story, the supporting characters were perfect as was the writing. I look forward to more of Amy Harmon's books, but I was just hoping for more with this one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment