Thursday 2 October 2014

Review: The Maze Runner (#1) by James Dashner

Edition: Audiobook
Pages: 10 hours 50 minutes
Publish Date: January 1, 2009
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian
Series: Yes
Goodreads Rating: 4.02 (279,980 ratings)

It may be just because I'm a girl, and reading from the POV of a guy is just not as relatable, or maybe it was because it was an audiobook instead of reading a real book it was harder to get into. Whatever the reason I'm not a fan, though it was similar to how I felt when reading If I Stay, as reading it I knew it would make a good or even better movie. There's enough action in this book and creepy monsters that it may be better to watch then to read. 
Either way, I'm not going to continue this series. I'm just going to wait for the movies. I know a lot of others really adore this book, and I can see the appeal, I just didn't enjoy it..at all. Though I have full intentions of watching the movie if not just for comparison. 
It's book like this that yes I believe it would make a decent movie, but there are SOOOO many better books that deserve to be made into movie, ones with even better ratings, I don't know who chooses these kinds of things but they don't do a very good job.



No comments:

Post a Comment