Wednesday 8 October 2014

Review: How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

Edition: eBook
Pages: 165
Publish Date: November 30, 2004
Publisher: Wendy Lamb Books 
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian
Series: No
Goodreads Rating: 3.60 (21,884 ratings)

Read the book and watched the movie in the same day. Both of which were alright. There were many differences but I enjoyed them both. 
Though I did prefer the book, for the obvious reason of how the book is written in a way that you only know everything from Daisy's recollection, so there isn't much dialogue. I hadn't read much of the synopsis before reading the book, but I did see the movie trailer which is what got me to read the book. So I knew the army was going to separate everyone which broke my heart so bad. But there's more to this book, because it is dystopian, which in the beginning I though was kind of weird because it's a book about the war and seemed more like realistic fiction, but there is so much more. The whole telepathy thing made it more interesting. 
The movie made Edmond look kind of weird though...mainly with the whole cow and other animals thing. 
Anyways, this is a book review! I'm at about 3.5 stars. It was slightly boring despite the events, and I'm a romance junky, so with only a slight romance between Edmond and Daisy (cousins falling in love...totally normal) it wasn't enough for me. 
I just can't seem to find a really good book this month.
Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment