Sunday 19 October 2014

Review: Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nicholls

2164318Edition: Paperback
Pages: 215
Publish Date: January 7, 2008
Publisher: Marion Lloyd Books
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction
Series: No
Goodreads Rating: 4.19 (3,754 ratings)

Though I loved Before I Die (Now is Good) more than this, it was a very quick and emotional read. It was also thought provoking, where with Before I Die you were following Tessa who was a teenager, very relatable. But Relating back to your eleven year old self and imagining dying from cancer at such a young age is painful and very emotional. 
It was also fun reading through a young boys mind, it was written so well in the fact that it was simple, strait to the point, and just plain magical. 
It makes me want to read more middle grade novels because when I was that age I didn't like reading, so it would be fun to read through the mind of a younger you. It just entirely changed my reading experience.


“There's no point having wishes if you don't at least try to do them” 


This is just simply one of those books that you have to read. There's no question, it's like any other sad story where the main character dies, BUT you get to follow their story, all the happy and sad. There's no question. 


“Things I Want to Happen After I die: You're allowed to be sad, but you're not allowed to be too sad. If you're always sad when you think about me, then how can you remember me?
—Sam McQueen” 



No comments:

Post a Comment