Monday 27 October 2014

Review: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

17286849Edition: Hardcover
Pages: 433
Publish Date: September 10, 2013
Publisher: St Martin's Griffin
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Series: No
Goodreads Rating: 4.21 (113,546 ratings)

THAT'S IT!?!?!?!?!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO :( :( :''''( !!!!

Such. A. Good. Book! 
So as with most hyped books that everyone loves and I typically hate, I had no faith what-so-ever in this book. I originally bought it from Value Village intending on giving it to my sister because she's a total dork and I thought she'd relate well to Cath. But HELL NO. My sister and I are just like Cather and Wren, but I am totally Cath, the girl who hid out in her room all first year of college and drank mass amounts of diet coke, and ate a lot of subway. While my sister is the one who makes friends so easily and everyone loves. She may be a dork who loves HP but she's not at all like Cath. 

So as most people have noticed with this book that it is really relatable, though I never read Harry Potter, I am a total fangirl and used to write and read a lot of fanfiction so I found so many similarities that just made me feel so good (HURRAY I'm not alone!). 
And Levi, damn Levi. I totally feel the same way, keep all potential boyfriends away from my sister, cause the second they meet her I just pail in comparison, I need a guy like Levi to tell me that it was no question, he loved her despite never having met her sister, that their differences made him love Cath more because he truly loved every quirky part to her.

So my whole Over Hyped Books Challenge is tanking so far, I've loved both of the ones I've gotten through, and this one as with Anna and The French Kiss totally deserve the hype surrounding them. This is just the sweetest contemporary that makes you feel normal and that maybe fangirling hermits do have a chance at love. 

ONE COMPLAINT: I WANTED MOOOOOOOORRRREEEE!
Therefore...4.75 stars...still gets 5 on goodreads and onto my favourites shelf but I needed mooooooreee :( !!

No comments:

Post a Comment