Friday 3 October 2014

Review: Before I Die by Jenny Downham

Edition: eBook
Pages: 336
Publish Date: September 2007
Publisher: David Fickling Books
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Series: No
Goodreads Rating: 3.88 (32,553 ratings)

So I'm going to be honest, I saw the movie first. But in my defense they changed the name! I had the book but had no clue it had been made into that movie. But I adored the movie, so reading the book I was well prepared for the heartbreak that was to come. 
I do believe they did an amazing job with the film adaptation, but there's something about reading the book, knowing the thoughts and feelings of Tessa it breaks your heart even more seeing it from her view. In the movie your just another spectator, seeing her life from the outside with slight glimpses or quotes of her thoughts. But for the last few chapters of this book was the main difference. In the movie you watch Tessa die with her family, in the book you die with her, inside her head for those final moments. This book will leave you in tears and truly change your life. I hope this book becomes a classic over all cancer books or forbidden love stories, because this book means something.


No comments:

Post a Comment